New Islington Free School is a vibrant and creative learning community where learning comes to life.
We provide educational experiences in real contexts and for real purposes, to enable our pupils to seek new possibilities and find new solutions.
The positive and productive atmosphere throughout school sets the tone for learning and creates an environment where pupils can thrive.
Our staff have the highest aspirations for each child’s learning and personal development, and have created a culture in which all achievements are valued and celebrated, and all needs are supported.
Our school curriculum draws on the best of the National Curriculum and the International Primary Curriculum. We want to equip all our pupils with the skills they need to embrace the new opportunities, responsibilities and experiences they will encounter during their lives in modern Britain and in the wider world.
New Islington pupils leave primary school well-equipped for the next stage of their education, with a firm foundation of knowledge, understanding and skills, and a love of learning.
New Islington Vision and Mission Statement
To empower our children to approach all challenges
and opportunities presented to them,
with confidence and resilience.
New Islington Mission
We aim to achieve this by developing learners who:
• Understand the importance of our core values of respect, resilience, kindness and cooperation.
• Celebrate the cultural, religious and social diversity of our school community.
• Are enthusiastic, who are determined to excel, who rise to new challenges and embrace new experiences.
• Are confident, who have a sense of self respect, who feel secure and safe, and who have a sense of well-being – both physical and emotional.
• Are responsible and accountable, who understand their role within our school and the wider community.
New Islington Strategy
We aim to achieve this through:
• Having a common understanding of what ‘excellence’ looks like here at New Islington, and striving for nothing short of excellence in everything that we do.
• Ensuring that our children are safe and secure at all times, and that all adults fully understand the role that they play in safeguarding our children.
• Encouraging the school community (adults, children, parents, and governors) to show high levels of trust, respect and understanding, and to promote the school values.
• Developing a curriculum for excellence: ambitious, aspirational, relevant, and varied – a curriculum that supports all our pupils regardless of ability.
• Delivering this curriculum within a high quality and safe environment.
• Having high expectations for positive behaviour, supporting and encouraging those with additional needs through restorative approaches.
• Having a strong and well informed Governing Board.